Monday, April 2, 2007

The beginning of our journey

This is my first post for the journey to our daughter. About the only information we have on our journey so far is our log in date (LID). This date is 12.25.06...Merry Christmas to us! For those of you who don't know what this is it is like a tracking number. Every bit of information that we get about the process is all related to what LID's are getting referrals, travel dates, or even where our paperwork is in China. Just to give you an idea of how long of wait we are in for the LID's that are getting referrals in April are the end of Oct 2005 and beginning of Nov. 2005. Yes, I said 2005 that is not a typo. We are not anticipating getting a referral until Aug/Sept 2008. The wait is on! So I will probably not have too much to post about for a while.

I need to start doing some reading and information gathering so I will post stuff as I get it. Many people add links and things to their sites and I will hopefully learn how to do that. I feel like such a dunce when it comes to this stuff. If I am going to post from China someday I better learn.

Oh by the way...can you belive that me...high maintenance Ali...is going to China someday? Turns my stomach just thinking about it. But hopefully by then, after reading all these blogs from people already traveling I will be an expert and won't stress about it as much (ya right!)

Well that is it for the start. I will come on and add our story as time goes on. Not like I don't have time to do it! LOL

No comments: