Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What is up with the weather??

Yesterday 82, hot, sunny and humid. I had to turn the AC on becuase the house was so hot. Today when I woke up it was 44 degrees. Right now at 1:26 PM it is 47. I have the heat on.

So what the heck happened you ask??? I got a new one for ya that I am sure you haven't heard of. I have lived here for 37 years and have never heard of it. We had what was referred to as a "Pneumonia front" come through here last night. What is that you ask?

As quoted on Wikipedia

"A Pneumonia front is a rare, meteorological phenomenon observed on the western Lake Michigan, USA, shoreline during the warm season. These fronts are defined as lake modified synoptic scale cold fronts that result in one-hour temperature drops of 16 degrees F or greater.[1]

This extreme change in temperatures can result in a flash severe thunderstorm and/or a microburst capable of affecting the structural integrity of weak buildings such as barns and sheds. The drop in temperature has also earned this meteorological event the title "pneumonia front." Of course, this is erroneous as it does not directly cause pneumonia. The cold weather is usually short lasted and pneumonia does not have a high likelihood of manifesting itself in the lungs of people who experience the event.[2]."

We have the bad wind, but we don't have any storms. I have the weather channel on my desktop. It was flashing last night as it does when there is a weather issue (also for amber alerts). It stated that this pneumonia front was coming in and I have to say I seriously thought for a second that a huge plague of pneumonia was coming in! Then I read it again and was like ok, that is strange.

We are suppose to be back in the 70's by thurs. CRAZY!

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

The weather is so strange. We get one nice day and then it drops back down. It is no wonder why everyone is always sick!