Monday, June 9, 2008

I am one busy boy!

As said by my son this morning. I was telling him about his week. Swimming, sport class, karate and a birthday party.

We started swimming today.. OEY! Does this kid listen to anyone? The lessons are at the Welness Center at the high school. So there were a lot of HS kids that were instructors. Since it was the first day they broke them into small groups to asses them. So Munchkin was in a group of 3. They wanted him to sit on the steps of the pool. Again, let me repeat. They asked my son to SIT...which he doesn't do. So as all the other kids were sitting nicely he was jumping up and down, laying back and floating on the steps, walking away in the pool. The teacher had to keep grabbing him and putting him back on the steps. As she was trying to do something with the other kids one at a time he would just get up again. The minute he got in line for the class he didn't stop moving his mouth. He was talking to all the HS "girls" that were teachers. He loves the ladies! They made the parents sit way up high in the bleachers so we were away from the kids. Then I saw the teacher tell one of the the others..."this one is so energetic!" My she was being nice! LOL I of course had a long talk with him on the way home. I said honey you have to listen. His response "I can't, I just love to swim!" Tomorrow should be fun! The class is Mon-Thurs this week and next week.

That brings us to this afternoon. He had a Sport Sampler class at a local church that has a huge athletic program. They did basketball today. They don't let you watch at all so I have know idea if he listened or not! Probably better that way. That class is Monday's only for 6 weeks.

This is our 2nd week of karate too. He is doing OK. He likes it. It is only a 4 week class. I don't know yet if we will keep doing it or not after this time is up. Karate is 2 days a week so it is a bigger commitment.

I know it sounds busy and it is...but it is mostly for June. I don't have anything else planned for the summer. There is a week vacation bible camp at the preschool he went to the end of July and I think I will do that. It is cheap and at the school he knows so I think going everyday will be OK.

Nothing is really new with me. I have my 17yr old nephew helping me with the shipping for the business for the summer so that is a bit of a relief for me while I keep Munchkin busy.

1 comment:

azjenn said...

You just described Brooke's swim lessons when she was in a class setting. As soon as the teacher would go off to practice with a kid Brooke would dive off the steps. I finally put her in private lessons so that she didn't have to wait her turn. LOL