Thursday, August 28, 2008

Michigan Trip

We went to Michigan this past weekend. Some friends of ours with a house up there invited us last minute on Tues. We had a lot of fun! It was just what we needed. We never got to do much of anything this summer. (we are still trying for a few day outings) It was the nice break and together time we needed as a family. We got there Friday night when it was already dark out. This is what I woke up to in the morning...ahhhhhh!



The kids playing in the water and sand.







Munchkin and Mr. T about to go tubing



We almost didn’t go. I had rash/bites on my back and side for a few days. Itched like crazy. About a week later I showed my MIL. Well she said she thought it looked like singles. Singles?? That is for old people not me..besides, I don’t have time for shingles, I am going to Michigan! Well then the itching made me look it up online. Crap, I think I have shingles. Well this is Thurs. night and we are suppose to leave Fri afternoon. The website said it is contagious to those who haven’t had chicken pox. GREAT! There are going to be 6 kids there. So I couldn’t wait to find out. That night I went to the primary care center to find out. Yep, got em! So I had to come home and call the two other families to see if their kids were all vaccinated for chicken pox. Thank God they were so we could still go. Still…why the heck to I have shingles? Ironic is when I went to get my prescription there was a cardboard standing thing with brochures in it for shingles. What were the the pictures of??? Senior Citizens!!! So confused. I guess you can get it if you are stressed too. Whatever! Then my friend, whose husband was just diagnosed with cancer, says “oh Mark had those in July, must have been the cancer.” Great, add more stress to me! Bottom line no matter how small of a case you have (mine is small) it is still annoying and darn it they hurt! Feels like someone is stabbing me with a hot poker! Plus I have to take these anti-viral horse pills. Not fun!

No comments: