Friday, October 10, 2008

To Work or Not to Work

My BF, who is also a SAHM, was recently called by a private boys High School (her Aunt works there) for a job as a spanish teacher (she taught JR High pre mom). Her first reaction was Oh no, I am not ready to go back to work. However, she was starting to look into getting recertified and it was coming. Her one son is 7 and other is Jack's age 4. So she would have the day care issue with the 4 yr old. She ended up sending in her resume just to see what would happen. Long story short...interview yesterday, 2nd interview today and job offer. Obviously they needed the teacher badly and had to act fast. Also she is leaving today for FL for a week. During the last week I told her she could do it. It will all come back to her quickly. She will be great at it. She just called me about 30 min ago on the way home from the offer and said she is most likely taking the job. I of course congratulated her and said I was so happy for her. Which I am.

So as I am putting my groceries away and thinking about it I am like "OMG, who am I going to talk to?" I talk to her at least every other day. We have the occasional play dates with our boys since they are only a week apart. I anticipated many more playdates as it got cold out. I know this is a total selfish feeling, but I did just loose something. I look forward to our morning talks. Sometimes they are short, sometimes we carry on about nothing. I know I haven't lost my friend...just that adult conversion during the week that keeps ya going sometimes. Now she is going to have to squeeze me in with all the evening/weekend things. She is not a big drive and talk on the phone person so I don't think she will call me then. Maybe I will have to buy her a ear thingy so she can talk to me!

Anyways I just came on here to sulk I guess. I am truly happy for her as they won't have to struggle financially anymore. Things were pretty tight for them. She always wanted to work in High School and it is a great school. But I will miss what we had and I guess just have to wait for Holiday breaks and summer! I love you Kar Bow!! Congrats!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, Ali, I'd volunteer to chat our days away and have play dates but I think we have a distance problem LOL
;-)
Ana