Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wake Up Jack!

Just to preface, Jack’s alarm goes off at 7AM. He has to get his coat and shoes on at 8:10 and out the door for the bus.

Me Jack, it is 7:15 time to wake up
Jack some sort of whiny/grunt noise comes out
Me Ok I am going to brush my teeth, you have a few more minutes
--come back a few minutes later---

Me Get up sweetie
Jack I don’t wanna go to school
Me I don’t care..get up
Jack can we snuggle
Me I can’t sweetie, Ella is up
--by now Ella is usually up—

A few minutes later (imagine it in the voice of the guy that says “2 hours later on Spongebob)

Me JACK
Me Jack please get out of bed
ME Jack carter, it is now 7:30 and you have to get out of bed
Jack Waaaahhh
Me really, if you don’t get out of bed right now…(insert some sort of threat)

5 min will go by at which point I am now down stairs making coffee and his lunch

Me Jack are you getting dressed
Jack NO
Me get dressed NOW and don’t forget to brush your teeth

5 more minutes go by
Me Jack did you brush your teeth yet
Jack NO
Me seriously what is your problem. If you are not down here in 5 min (insert some sort of threat)

He finally comes down.

Me what do you want for breakfast
Jack I have no idea can I play my touch?
Me NO

This is almost how it is almost EVERY morning. I am so sick of listening to myself talk by the time he leaves. I can’t get him out of the door quick enough. Once in a blue moon he will wake up and get out of bed and decide to race the clock. I wait to have my coffee until he leaves because I want to enjoy it.

1 comment:

Ana Q said...

I feel your pain. I gather you can't get him to bed any earlier. I got David to learn to tell the time and even though it sounds bad I broke down our morning routine into times. If he gets up, has breakfast, brushes his teeth and gets dressed by 8am, he gets half an hour of play time before having to leave for school. It's motivation enough for him and if it works it's good enough for me LOL.