Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Say goodbye to naps

I know a while back I posted that we were trying the no nap thing. It didn't really work at that time. Then he got sick and he was taking them again. Well then when he was up there tossing and turning and calling me every 5 min for about an hour and half after we put him down, I realized I had to do something. So we are on week 2 of no naps. He is still adjusting. At about 5:00 we get what I call "No Nap Jack" This is the cranky tired guy. He is crabby, mean and very sensitive. Then by about 7:00 we get "Crazy Jack" This is when he gets that last burst of energy and you swear he was just sucking on a sugar stick. He bounces off the walls when you are trying to get him to sleep. But after his 2 books and a song from Mamma, it is lights out and he is O-U-T!!!! Yeah! His body will adjust to the no nap within time. But I love that he just falls right to sleep. The nights were just getting so long. Calling me up there 3 times and just playing every game in the book.

Hey do you like the new Alicia Keys song? It is on right now and I just love it!

J had his little program today at school. Now at the Halloween show he had his fingers in his mouth the whole time and didn't sing a note. I told him this time that Santa was listenng. He yelled out the first song (great!) then finally quieted down a bit and sang the rest just great! I was a proud mamma. T has the video camera with him or I would try to attempt a video. I still have to figure out how to do that. Thursday is his little party. I am going to be a room mother for the first time!!! Hopefully he doesn't hang on me the whole time. I tried to explain that I am there to help everyone have a good time.

Tomorrow is the big day to see Santa. He is excited to go so hopefully he will go thru with it. Bad mommy didnt even take him last year. But he was in the I don't do strangers so I figured why torture the poor kid. He said he is going to ask Santa what is taking so long to make all the toys. The wait is so long! He is having a blast with his Advent calendars. He has one that counts down the days. You hang ornaments on a tree. Each ornament is in a pocket with a date. It is really helping with numbers too. He has a hard time with 11-19. Its not eleventeen??? LOL Then he also has the chocolate advent calendar. I always advent calendars growing up so they will always be a big tradition in our house.

No comments: