Thursday, December 27, 2007

After Christmas

I am still digging out. Thank god it was garbage pick up today so we could get rid of all the boxes!!! Yesterday I spent the whole day with those damn twisty tie things...boy do I dislike opening kids boxes. There are still things under the tree. Games I have nowhere to put. Not in the mood to organize yet. I need help!

Well we spent Christmas Eve at my moms. J was very well behaved. I was shocked actually. I thought the excitement would have gotten to him. He didn't beg too bad to open them during dinner. From Thanksgiving on when you asked him what he wanted he said a red and green train. (GeoTrax). So when he opened up the green one he was so excited he held it over his head, got up and ran down the hallway in excitement. However, he thought every present after that would have been the red one so when it wasn't he said "oh bummer". When he was done with all his presents (and didn't get the red one) he was truly so sad. I really think he was about to cry. I wish I would have captured the face on camera. They way he always answered red and green train it was as if they were a package deal. He was getting the red one in the morning. We really had to sit him down and explain that Santa was still coming. Also after we were all done with presents he went up to EACH person and said "did you buy me a present?" if they answered yes he gave them a big hug. We were all shocked because I didn't ask him to do that. I had told him maybe 2 days before that about thanking people. Oh my god he listened to me for once!!

Since J was up until 11:30 on the eve he slept until 9 Christmas moring. We opened our gifts at home. He was so happy to get his red train! We didn't get the running around like the night before..this was more like a "thank god" look. LOL Then we headed over to my SIL house at 2. He was asking a lot more to open gifts. There were two little ones there so a bit more excitement. Overall it was all good.

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

I love his xmas pjs! He is so cute...that expression when he opened his trains is priceless!