Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday My Sweet Boy!

Well today is his birthday! He is officially 4!!! Holy smokes! Where did that 4 yrs go.

This is what I saw at 1:11AM on May 1st, 2004. This is how he came out. He wasn't all slimy and gross. He was perfect! We were so blessed to have been there for his birth. We drove his birthmom to the hospital so I saw him born. It was an amazing experience.



Here he is in his "take home" outfit from the hospital. Look at that face!


This is his 1st birthday


2nd birthday


3rd Birthday (his haircut got a little too short..I cried)


That brings us to today. This is my grown up boy!

Today he has school so it was our snack day again. I made big chocolate chip cookies for each child. I skipped the gift bag. What is it with all these gift bags for everything!! Then 3 of his friends are coming to McDonalds with us after school. I didn't want to have this huge party. He is only 4. So I picked the one boy from his class that he is close with. Then two of our outside friends boys. He loves french fries so that is about the best treat for him for his b-day. I don't know what we are doing in the evening. He doesn't have any favorite foods or favorite place to eat so I am sure it will just be PBJ like always! We have a few gifts for him. His big present is that we are going to an indoor water park in a couple weeks. We really need to spend some time together as a family.

Munchkin is turning into an amazing little boy. He is so smart and talks non stop all day. He still loves his trains. He hasn't had them on the tracks in some time. They are now just pulled all over the kitchen and hallway floor. (they go faster) One thing that keeps my little guy little is his love of sucking his two middle fingers and his binko (blanket). He still loves the security of those two things. We cannot get him to stop sucking those fingers. They are just always wet! ewww. That darn binko is now dragged everywhere around the house. Up until last fall the rule was it stays upstairs. Until he got really sick and I caved and let him have it downstairs. Well you can guess that rule went out the window. Half the time if is laying in the middle of the kitchen floor. I do have to say it has never been outside or left the house(unless he was at a sleepover). I do draw the line somewhere. I think the only time he is sitting still is when he is watching TV. (yes he does watch to much) Otherwise, he jumps around all day. Running, jumping, sliding, skidding...you name it. As people say to me in the stores "my he has a lot of energy". Don't you just want to slap those people? He is a 4 yr old boy, of course he does! His new favorite show is Scooby Doo! So now he goes around the house saying Scooby dooby doo! It is very cute! His other favorite saying is "fire in the hole" he says this for numerous things like throwing things, jumping off of things...but it all time favorite time he uses it is when he is peeing... He will be in the bathroom and right as it is coming out he yells "fire in the hole!" Yes it is funny!

Happy Birthday Munchkin! I love you!

3 comments:

Auntie Ar said...

Thats my big boy. What a wonderful day it was 4 yrs., ago. when we first laid eyes on our "Prince" We were the luckiest family around!!! We treasure and love this child more than anything.
Our other grandkids are adults and having Jack come along was a miracle. Now we are waiting for the little "Princess"!!!Love you already!!!

Earthchild618 said...

OMG...I got all teary eyed looking at him growing up in the photos. Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

Karin Alferink said...

Hey, it was fun to see the pictures of Jack. He is so cute. I'm glad he had a good birthday. I can't believe that Chloe is 4 too. I totally agree with you on the gift bags. We just brought treats on Chloe's birthday. It would be fun to see your family again. It would be fun to have you visit this summer. Then you can meet Elsa.