Monday, September 15, 2008

Drying out!

Well after about 8 inches of rain this weekend we are starting to dry out. We were very lucky we didn't have any flooding. There are areas around here that are just flooded to death. It rained non stop from Friday afternoon through about 3:00pm on Sunday. It was crazy. We got the left over of Ike Sunday. So it was a pretty gloomy weekend. I did manage to catch one bit of beauty...

This guy I think was trying to stay dry and was clinging to the screen for a while.

In this one you can really see how wet the poor guy was.


Sunday I decided since football was on that would be a great time for mommy to leave the house! My mom and I went to the mall. I had to get my free panty at VS! I have a really hard time finding jeans to fit me. I am short and have a butt and good set of thighs. I decided to try Eddie Bauer. I found a pair I likes. Mommy bought them for me! hee hee! Thank you mommy! Then I had decided about a month ago that I was going to buy myself a nice purse for Christmas this year. Not a cheapy from Kohls. I deserved a good purse! I swear I think I buy everything else from Kohls, target and Old Navy. So we looked at Macy's (it will always be Marshal Fields to me) and I found this one.
It is an Etienne Aigner. I have to have a black purse. I just do. Then my biggest challenge is one with sections. Why is it that most women's purses are bottomless pits, meaning one open space that everything falls to the bottom and you can't find anything. I think most women buy purses for the brand or the look and don't think about how their "stuff" will fit in it. My purse has to be organized a certain way. I cannot stand purses where I have to dig for things. The front here has two separate pockets. Then the back has one. Then the inside has 3 sections. I was giddy with excitement I tell ya. I know I sound like a dork but you really can't find that many purses with sections. So in all my excitement somehow mom bought it for me for an early x-mas present. Thank you again Mommy!! I love you! I then had to take something back at Old Navy (told ya) and ended up buying a couple t-shirts with a coupon. So Sunday turned out to be a good day for me! I needed one!


Now my husband is home with strep throat. Please hope that I don't get it. He kept groping all weekend but I was like back away buddy...I am not getting sick.

Also, my friend Kelly is ok. She is in Houston at her Aunts. Without electric and their generator broke. It isn't fun. Her house is still there but has some damage. They are telling them it might be a month before they can get home. Hopefully they can get things cleaned up before that. Please say a prayer for them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving your new purse, or what is a handbag in my part of the world LOL. I put money in my purse and my purse goes in my handbag. there you go.
I need to go bag shopping, any day now, as soon as my parents get back and I have a couple of hours to myself and I'll be shopping!!
That hurricane sounds terrible and I hope your friend and her friends too are OK.

Earthchild618 said...

I am soooo with you on the purse thing. I have to have sections. Right now I am carrying a tote type bag that was very cheap only b/c I couldn't find the "perfect" purse. So, I bought this cheap thing and it is a bottomless pit and driving me insane! I was shopping and found nothing that I loved and now am miserable with a tote I hate. I am going to have to hit Macy's though since you scored there!