Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Week of Firsts!!

Last weekend the 20th we went to a kids party at Haunted Trails. It is just one of those game places where you play skee ball and all kids of games for tickets. Then you get cheap prizes at the counter. They also have go carts outside. Jack got to go on his first one. He wasn't quite 42" but they let him go. He did have a little trouble trying to hit the gas peddle. He went two times. He said "I drive like a professional!"


Then Friday we finally took Jack on the Metra train downtown. He has such a good time. He had his first Metra train ride and then his first Taxi ride. We took the taxi to Navy Pier. It is a big attraction place. The weather was just beautiful. We really have had a great couple of weather weeks. We also sat outside and had a nice dinner. Mommy and Daddy enjoyed a couple cocktails! It really felt like the "end of summer" outing for us.



Ok today we were just hanging out and Jack said the funniest thing...I just had to share. Jack was in the family room by the coffee table just standing there. Then he says..
J - Mom look at me
M - What?
J - I am smashing my peter (penis) on the table.
M - Jack stop.
J - but it is big and long. Its long dick dong!
I had to leave the room to laugh hysterically. Oh we have all seen Sixteen Candles and know "long duck dong". Well about year ago I had said that for something being silly. You know we all quote our 80's movies. Well he thought it was silly and starting saying it. He would say it all the time. But when he said it, it came out "long dick dong" and he would repeat it over and over again. I tried on many occasions to correct him but it always comes out that way. So hence the "long dick dong" Lets hope he doesn't say it in public some day.
School is going well. He really likes it. They do a letter a week. They are on "C" this week. My mom picks him up on Mondays so I can get some work done. Then I go pic him him later. My MIL takes him sometimes another day. Just depends on the week.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love what they come out with. I see embarrassing moments ahead LOL
That's great that he loves school.
;-)
Ana

azjenn said...

OMG I just laughed so loud I think I woke Brooke. lol Jack is such a hoot!

Stacey said...

Your story has me LOL. Just the other day, Gabe had his hangn' out of his PJs asking me my it was so big. LOL

The train ride looks great. I think my boys would really enjoy something like that as well.

Earthchild618 said...

I can't even stop laughing....