Tuesday, January 27, 2009

There is Something About Jack

There is Something About Jack

He’s cute or good looking as he grows older
He’s smart or intellectual as he gets bolder

He’s talkative and demanding to one or another
He demands attention above all other

He has tenacity beyond his years
It’s almost enough to bring on tears

He’s sweet and neat and he can’t be beat
He’s a sweeper, a winner and surely a keeper

Someday he may lead the pack
‘cause there’s just something about That Jack!


This was written by my Dad. My Dad can do anything, he is just one of those guys. He also has a knack for writing little poems. Over the years, for a special occasion, he has always written one..special birthday, engagement, wedding..you name it and you have received a sweet poem from Daddy. When I went to my moms house on Monday this poem was laying on the table. He wrote it "just because" I guess. No occasion. He was just thinking about That Jack!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

How cute! There definitely is something about that Jack of yours!!

azjenn said...

What a sweet Dad you have! I loved that poem. You should frame it and hang it in Jack's room!