Thursday, October 11, 2007

Change in Plans...again!

You are all going to think we are nuts…but we are NOT going to do the domestic adoption now. I have too much time invested in China and I want my little China doll more than anything. Even if I have to wait 2 more years for it, that is what I want. There were some other personal factors involved in this decision as well. The one exhaust business just started taking off and come spring we think it is going to be so busy. I wouldn't be able to handle all that work and a newborn. Getting the debt down these businesses needs to be firt priority right now. So financially it would be very irresponsible. There were so many different reasons why we thought we wanted this domestic adoption like the age between kids, our age, etc, but there were parts of it that never felt right. After Jack was born I had a picture of how my family would look and it was us and our two Asian children. I know that I have a bond to a daughter in china and one day I will go and get her. My red thread (read the chinese proverb to the right of the blog) I dont know why it took me so long to figure it out.

Now I just have to convince my attorney to refund at least part of our retainer! LOL She wasn't thrilled when I told her and she wanted to think about things and call me next week. She was busy trying to wrap up a few other things. If you knew her you would know that this is her excuse all the time. We gave her $1500. Even if she gave us back 1000 I would be fine. This is only the 4th week we are with her and she hasn't even shown our book that we know of so she really hasn't done anything. So we will see.

2 comments:

Earthchild618 said...

Congrats on making a huge decision and going with your heart. I will be here sending hugs when they are needed, crying with you when you feel like crying, and jumping up and down with you when that is called for!

Auntie Ar said...

I am so relieved and happy you have made hopefully your final decision YOU needed to figure this out yourself and I am sure things within will be calmer now.
This was something that you have thought of for 3 years and you had to make the final decision in your head. I am always there sweetie. I love you so much. M