Thursday, October 25, 2007

Having fun with Halloween

I have been busy the last week but with nothing exciting. Just trying to keep my sanity around here.
Fall things we have done so far. We did got to the pumpkin patch last week. Of course it rained the night we went, but not too bad. We still had fun.




We got a nice big pumpkin there. We carved it last Friday. Jack was excited, but he wouldn't tough the guts. He did help pick out some of the seeds, but otherwise after a few minutes, he was done. Here is is with his pumpkin.



Lets see, we also went on a leaf hunt. Looking for all different shape leaves and colors. Then we came inside and made pretty collages on colored paper. He had fun. Of course he keeps asking to do it again. On Mon, we made our halloween butter cookies in different shapes with sprinkles. I have no pictures of those since we ate them all. Of course my picky son won't even taste one. He is so strange. He even had fun making Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies a couple weeks ago, but again wouldn't even taste them. Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies, especially tollhouse!!!

This weekend on of T's cousins is having a huge Halloween party for all the kids. Pony rides and everything (loaded) Although it is suppose to be 57 and rainy. Gotta love fall weather!

J is obsessed with pumpkins. We have 3 bigger ones and he has 7 of the tiny ones. He puts them in the back of his dump truck and rolls them around the house. I finally had to use the "take the pumpkins away" to get him to stay in bed last night. It worked! He 5 of them taken away the night before because he gave me the "I have to pee" excuse to get out of bed. I told him so I took 5 of them. He was not happy yesterday when they were on top of the fridge. So I said if you stay in bed tonight you can have them back he next day. So this morning I was in the bathroom getting ready when he got up. He didn't even say good morning...I got "I stayed in bed all night, do I get my pumpkins back now?" How funny! I said, "well good morning" he said "good morning mama, can I have them back now?"

Back to Halloween. He keeps pulling up all the blinds to look at the lights in the windows. He want to keep opening the front door to look at the big pumpkin outside. This morning he had to go say goodbye to it before he left for school. He tells me everyday about 3 times he is just so excited for Halloween. Although I think he thinks we are going back to a pumpkin patch on halloween.

Well I guess that is about what we have been up to!

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

He is such a handsome boy...