Wednesday, October 3, 2007

That kid!

Do you remember from school that there was always that kid in class that got bloody noses all the time? That is my son. He mostly gets them while he is sleeping. I think he gets them when he is sleeping with is butt up in the air. Therefore his face is smashed down in the bed and the blood is rushing up toward his face. (kinda) This is always a lovely mess, some worse than others. Of course there isn't much I can do at 5:15 AM (like today..of course he also didn't go back to bed) What's a little dried blood? Last time there were only a few marks so I just left it until sheet changing day. Too gross? Nah!

Referrals are in for China. 5 DAYS! Nice. There were actually pretty good rumors that there was going to be 10 days, but that wasn't true of course. Also heard that there was one agency that had LID's in this group that got skipped. That sucks.

I shopping today to get some outdoor halloween decoations. It is not my favorite holiday but Jack is starting to really get into it. He loved all the decorations one of my neighbors had so I figured I would get some. I got those light up things you can put in the windows. Also strings of lights with pumpkins on them that you put in the ground along your walk way. I still want to get some sort of light up pumpkin, but haven't found one I like. I don't have to get it all this year. I like things simple! I have a few decorations for the house. They are more fallish than halloween. Gotta love window clings too! I'll have to see if I can get a pic of what it looks like at night.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I need Halloween decorations as well. The boys LOVE looking at the stuff up in the stores...but I think I'll wait until after Halloween and see what I can get on clearance. LOL I'm so cheap!

Does Jack have a humidifier/ vaporizer in his room? Maybe that would help his nosebleeds by keeping the room moist? Just a suggestion.

What does it mean that the referrals are in? Are you closer now? Did you hear back from your agency on the domestic adoption? Do they not have any birth mothers right now? Sorry for all the questions. :)

azjenn said...

Brooke was just commenting on some of the neighbors Halloween decorations. I need to get my butt in gear and get ours dug out of the garage.

azjenn said...

Oh yeah the bloody noses. I was going to recommend a humidifier also if he doesn't already have one. B used to get bloody noses but now we run one every night and she hasn't had one since.

Earthchild618 said...

I am praying that China moves it along!