Monday, October 15, 2007

Why it is so hard sometimes

Last week J was sick so his schedule is all messed up and he was "allowed" do get away with a few more things. So now it is time to button down and get back to the way it was. So I have had two days of fighting with him. He won't go to bed. He is getting out and playing games. "I'm not tired" "I'm hungry" (well if you would have eaten anything in the last week you might not be) but of course he is only hungry at 8:30 at night and not the rest of the day. I told him the other night if he got out again I would spank him. That was after 4 times. Last night it was 3..I gave in and gave him yogurt. Tonight I thought it would be better. Got him up earlier this morning so he could go down for an earlier nap. So 8:30 night time. Thought he was tired. All I am getting is games. He got out twice and I finally had to do what I have been saying all along. I gave him two wacks on the bare butt. He is up there crying and I feel awful. I know many of you don't spank. I really don't either. But this kid is such a hard head nothing works with him. I don't hardly ever cry and this made me cry. The only sound I hear right now is him saying mommy over and over again and saying I am hungry......... Ok I just went up there to console him a bit and try to explain it to him. He is the type of child that needs things explained fully to have them sink in. He did stop while I was up there but is crying again. Man does he know how to push buttons. I am not going up there again. I just told him that if he is so hungry maybe tomorrow he will eat all his dinner. That night time is just that. No games, food, drink allowed. Should I put that on his door like a retail store?

The best part of this is that I am always the bad guy. T is never around. He is usually at the warehouse..or tonight...he had felt so left out of Monday night football at the neighbors he had to go. Could he have stayed around for a few min since I told him he has been playing these games? Oh no...he had to work out and leave. So again I am the bad guy. The only guy! So I am left completly irrate and spank my kid. Thank babe!!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

(Hugs) Ali. I know it's so hard. I hate when I have to spank, but like you said, sometimes it's the ONLY thing that will get through to them. My boys rarely take me seriously and I hate that. They have to learn that what I say goes and a spanking is the only thing that will prove that sometimes. Don't be too hard on yourself. They definately know which buttons to push and will continue to test us over and over again.

GRRRRRRRR...about Tom. He sounds so much like Kirk, it's not even funny!!

Cassie said...

I agree, sometimes you have GOT to get their attention. And a good pop on the butt will def do that.

Guys just don't get it. (((hug)))

One thing, def stick to your guns on the snacking at night thing. I did that with Mallory there for a bit, she refused to eat supper, but she finally got the hint (and I reminded her at every meal) that this was it, once she is in bed thats IT. One hunngry night later was the last problem we had with that. They learn fast. :)

azjenn said...

((HUGS)) Sounds like he's just looking for an excuse not to go to bed. Hope it's a short lived phase. I know we go through that from time to time.