Saturday, September 8, 2007

The mind of a man

Ok I just had to post this. It is too funny!

Our car insurance renewal was 8/17. I got the new cards. I figure that my husband can put his own card in his own car. So I put it by his wallet about a week and half before 8/17. I reminded him a couple of times that he needed to put it in his car. ( note: I never said it was expired, but put it in your car) and there it sat...right by his wallet. A couple time I even put it on top of his wallet before work. Nope..he left it.

Fast forward to today. He needed to pick up a trailer he was renting to go to his motorcycle track day (don't ask) He has done this before and you would think remember he had to show proof of insurance. He had to go borrow his dads truck that has the hitch on it. Drive to the trailer place. They needed the insurance. He had to drive back to his parents (only 12 min away) only to find that the ins. card he has is expired. Who knew! So he calls me ..I am at Kohl's. " Is the insurance card on the counter?" as I giggle inside I say "yesss!" He said he thought it expired 9/17. I say nothing...just thinking...are you kidding me? Now it is also 2:50 and the place closes at 3:00. He has a 12 min drive to home and another 7 back to the place. I only recommended that he call and nicely ask that they wait a few min for him to return. Needless to say he got the trailer, but come on. I have had numerous talks with him that if I put something by his wallet it means that something needs to done with it.

Fast forward to 5 min ago. Now he needs to come home from his parents. He has Jack with him. He need to drive his dads truck with the trailer so he needs to put the car seat in there. Now we have had a child for 3.5 years. We have always had to use the clip thing for his car. Which, mr. engineer that he is, can't figure out how to use it. The last time we put the seat in his car I gave him step by step instructions with visuals. That was a while ago. We haven't had to take the seat out. He calls me up to say they are on their way. It took him 25 min to figure it out but he didn't have the clip on. I now his dads car is older and there is no way that his belts lock. So I told him he needed the clip. Where does it go he asks. OMG how do these men function on a daily basis without us to guide them. I just can't take the stupidity of them anymore. I have a hard time dealing with my 3yr old and my dog...him too? Come one!!!

1 comment:

Auntie Ar said...

I have been laughing all nite.
There isn;t much else to say is there? Ar