Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Portfolio is Complete (posted 8/30)

I went to my friends house today. She is a fellow adoptive mom. She had all this computer scrapbooking software so we could create the pages for my portfolio to show to birthmoms. It turned out really cute. If I can figure out how to post any pages I will. She just has to email it to me first. I will send it out to my attorney tomorrow.
So here we go! Now what? I sit and wait. I wonder how long this will take? I mean anything can happen. She could get a call next week with the right match. Or it could take a while. My friend, who happened to use my attorney for her 2nd adoption, said she thinks we will at least have a bmom by the end of the year. Holy crap! I go from waiting until 2009 for a baby (which is most likely 2010) to with in 6 months maybe sooner. This is just freaking me out. I do think of a newborn and that smell, the squishyness of him/her. Just how they are so fun to snuggle. Then the reality of having 2 kids settles in and it quickly goes away. The messy House. Two kids talking back to me. UGGH Jack can't even handle people talking to me. How is he going to handle a baby. I know they all get thru it. But he is so difficult.
I know I am just rattling. This is just what is coming out of my brain right now. I am excited too, but I am just a pessimist at heart!

No comments: