Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why is it...

That when you get your house clean (no I don't clean my own house) it seems that your child does more things to create a mess that he would on a given day. Example....as we are drinking grape koolaid lets spin around the kitchen floor as fast as we can so that it sprays out of the straw on the floor in a nice big circle? Its not like koolaid isn't sticky or anything. Does he do this often...no...just today when I pay good money to get my house clean and would like to keep it that way for at least 12 hrs. As my one friend would say...cry me a river...you didn't clean it.

What is going on with me. Well my cold didn't last long...thank god! I was able to go out on Sat night. We had a fundraiser to go to for a neighborhood kid with leukemia. It was a great turnout. Sunday we just had birthday party at BIL/SIL. It was fine. The girls still had the girls night and had fun. :( Guess I'll have to plan another one!

Nothing from the attorney. I figured I would give her thru the weekend then give her a call early next week to see if there is any action.

I am in the process of messing with Jack schedule. It was....I would wake him by 8:30 if he wasn't up. Nap from 2-3:30..then I would wake him up again. Bed at 9ish..which usually turned into 9:30 which he would talk to 10 half the time. That is too late for school nights. I really kept the naps because he always acted like he needed one plus I have the business work to do. So this week I am trying "rest time" trying to see if he can just rest and not nap ( if he does sleep fine) then I can get him down earlier...in hopes that he will wake up earlier on his own in the morning. How is it going you ask? Well it is just all over the place and I have a cranky child. I really do think he still needs to nap. I will give it the week to see what happens. I am hoping I can switch his schedule to wake up at 7:30 (on his own) rest/nap time at 1:00 then get him to bed at 8. So...wish me luck....this cranky kid thing isn't fun!

Thank you for all of you who are posting comments. I love it. Sorry I am not the best writer.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kaelyn's 5 1/2 and still has a rest time. Usually from about 1-3. I call it "mommy time". :) Good luck!

azjenn said...

Brooke still needs her nap. She's an early riser and up between 6 & 6:30 usually naps from 12-2 and then is in bed by 7:30. Good Luck with the new schedule!