Monday, September 10, 2007

Mom...please play trains with me

Seriously, I knew I would have to play with my son a lot, but how much trains do I really have to play. We have different kinds of trains to play with. We have the Geo Trax that take up my whole living room floor. Yes, it is a very pretty room. Then we have the train table (not a wooden thomas one, it is plastic by Step 2) It is made for car and trains. For some reason it is SO fun to push the trains around in a continuous circle over and over and over again. NOT All I get all day is "mom come play trains with me" I AM SO SICK OF TRAINS!!! When I try and offer other things to play I usually get a no. If I do get him to do something else it is usually something that he gives up on and gets mad. He talks about trains all day. For example...he asked me why the ceiling fan was slowing down. I said because I turned it off so it gets slower and slower. His response was "oh just like trains do when going up a tall mountian" Well yes they do! He finds more ways that everyday things are like trains. Who knew! I have started thinking about christmas and am having a hard time coming up with things to buy because all he does is play with trains. Any suggestions? LOL

2 comments:

Cassie said...

aww the days when they WANT to play with you. I asked my oldest the other day if I could catch the football with him, and he SNORTED and walked off shaking his head.

man I haven't even THOUGHT of the holidays yet.

Earthchild618 said...

You do realize that I will have the same exact blog post as you in a few years right? I am furiously trying to figure out something other than trains for you but I remember well when my friends son blew a gasket when they bought him some dinosaur thing and it wasn't Thomas the Tank Engine.

What is it that they say..."this too shall pass?" Hopefully by Christmas he will move on to something other than trains...