Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ahh the big hair!


The year was 1991. This was my nephews christening. Look at the big hair and the big white hoop earrings. This is T's favorite picture of me. He had it with him all during college (we went to separate schools) then he lost it. My mom had one and gave it to him in a frame a few years ago at Christmas. It sits on his desk in his office. I just thought I would share. At the time...this was one of my better pictures! Tee hee..

Wanna know something else...see those couches, well actually loveseat. There are two of them. This pic was taken at my moms house. I hate to admit it, but those couches are sitting in my living room. When we moved in this house 8 years ago she gave them to me. They hardly ever sat on them so they were in perfect condition. Navy blue with a tan square pattern. They are the most comfy loveseats. I had a plan to decoate the living room over 3 years ago (pre J). Bought these really nice red couch covers and new pictures for the walls. Well the pictures are on the wall...that is it. It is now over 3 yrs later and this is what my living room looks like...

Well there is one couch...you can see the nice picture on the wall that goes great with my red couch covers. And why don't I just put them on the couches? No reason...except I was waiting to "do" the room. There is this honkin entertainment center on the other side that I need to sell on Craigs list. Haven't done that either. It used to be in our family room until we got the TV on the wall (best ever!) So this room is on my to do list this year. All I really have to do is sell the entertainement center and paint. It will still stay a play room. It is just convenient. And for those of you who have heard me talk about J and his trains...there you have it, the precious track. This has grown much bigger since Christmas. Now he asking for more trains for his b-day that isn't until May...he asks me at least 3 times a day. Only 104 days left to hear about it!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE both pics! :) My big perm hair era dates a little before yours, circa 1985. By 1990, I had cut it all off and had a pixie cut. Took forever to grow back. Is your naturally that dark, or was it dyed in that photo?

Unknown said...

Meant to say: Is your HAIR naturally that dark?

Debi said...

Always loved that picture. And yes, you need to finish your room. Although look who is calling the kettle black!

Ali said...

Dana that is my natural color. it actually got darker after than and dull. I didn't start coloring it unil I turned 30.

azjenn said...

Oh I had the same big hair do! Maybe when the kids are in school we'll get our houses back together, huh?

Unknown said...

Wow Ali, love love love that pic of you. Mine is still big today LOL
As for the train tracks, please tell me that's a play room you have. Lucky you. We don't have room for a play room and have the play area in a corner of our dining room.