Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mom's aren't allowed to be sick

So as today progressed I felt more and more sick. I have a cold! Stuffy, achy and tired.

J and I went to Target today. It felt good to get out of the house. J fell asleep on the way home. He slep for a bit. After awhile he was just playing and then said he had an accident. I figured he just peed. Here is the TMI part......Lets just say the antibiotics are giving him an upset stomach and there was no stopping what came out. It wasn't bad. Then he was hungry and wanted dinner. This consisted of a peice of cheese, a cracker and a bit of yogurt. He hasn't been eating much. Then I heard Oh no mommy! Ok so there was a bit more and running down his leg. Ok time for pull ups and new pants. (this was starting to get gross). Now I am trying to brown some ground beef for dinner and then I hear "mommy my pull up!" Lets just say this was the blow out! Pull up, pants, running down leg onto floor. EWWWWWW! Luckily we were in the kitchen. I just stood there like now what. I would have taken him straight up to the bath but he was dripping. My laundry room is right there so I stuck him in the laundry tub and told him to just stand there while I clean up the floor.

Fast forward an hour later and we are taking a bath. He was having a great ole time. See we only have 1 tub and it is our big soaker tub. J takes showers since we didnt want to get in the habit of using it. When he had a fever we gave him a bath. Well now he loves it, of course. We will have to maybe make it a once a week thing. Showers are nice and clean!!! Anyways....sorry, I get carried away sometimes....while he is playing all of a sudden he stands up and FARTS!! NOOOOOOOO! EWWWWWWW It was THAT kind of fart! OMG please..no more. Did we forget mommy was feeling like crap now (no pun intended, LOL). So into the shower he goes, daddy washing him while I gather up all the tub toys and get the bleach.

Somehow we muster up the strength to always take care of everyone else and we always seem to come last. Guess who won't be going to school tomorrow now and stuck home with a sick mommy. UGGGGGH! I need a vacation!

3 comments:

Earthchild618 said...

OMG...you poor thing. It is one thing to have a sick clingy kid when you are sick. That is bad. What you have now is TERRIBLE! I feel so bad for you both! Hopefully he will start eating enough yogurt to combat the intestinal issues and you can get some rest from cleaning up poop!

Unknown said...

Sorry you're feeling shit and dealing with it too LOL Not funny for you but I'm laughing my head off here LOL. Poor little Jack, hope he's better soon.
And a cough remedy my gran swore by that I have taken on is at bed time, right next to his bed put half an onion. This works for those dry and tickly coughs. It does no harm and is worth the try. It does stink the bedroom out though LOL
Take care and I hope you are all better soon.

azjenn said...

I feel your pain. Brooke has a horrible cough that has been keeping her up at night(I'm listening to her cough now) and she cough's so hard that she throws up...all over me last night. Oh the joys of parenting!

I hope you and Jack are feeling better soon. ((HUG))