Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Amaryllis

This is our little project. My mom bought J an amaryllis. He just loved flowers last summer. So she thought it would be fun to watch it grow. We got it last Saturday and this is what it looked like

So it is a week later and this is how much it has grown.

I was shocked to see it grow that much in a week. Not sure how long it will take to flower. They usually get much bigger. So stay tuned next Sat for the update. I know you can't wait!! LOL J is having fun watching it. I guess to make it more real I should measure it....ok hold on...(going to get tape to measure)....it is 3 7/8 inches. Didn't that just make your day! At least it is in a pretty red pot! I got these two other little single pot things at Target in the dollar section. One is a rose and one is a strawberry plant. You wet the dirt and put the seed in to watch grow. Something fun to do when it is cold outside. Watch flowers grow inside. I am sure I will kill them with too much water! ROFL New seedling things are hard to do.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

Hey! My target didn't have those seedling pots in the dollar bin. I want one!